Saturday, April 7, 2012

Skirt: Redefined

Hey Up-cyclers!

I am an official competitor in the So You Think You're Crafty contest! Thank you for all your support in the preliminary rounds where I entered this beauty! And come back on Monday to see the first round of competition.


I found this basic lavender wool skirt at a thrift store and saw miles of potential. It went all the way to my mid calf so taking this baby up about a foot was first on my list. I seam ripped the entire thing (front and back of fashion and lining fabric, waist band, zipper), shortened and altered the shape, and put it back together with a significantly cool detail. I sewed the fashion fabric to the shiny lining and cut strips so you could see the lining underneath. 

Now I've got a great seasonal pastel, fitted skirt for spring! 



I wore this skirt out over the weekend and several people complimented me on the fit, color, and the strip work. One friend asking if I could make him a custom pair of shorts in this style!

BK





No comments:

Post a Comment