Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fabric Roses

Heya Craft Masters,

Alisa Burke's website is pretty amazing. She has tutorials, teaches online craft classes, and shows what inspires her. She also writes books (all of which I put on my Christmas list). I finally tried out a tutorial I've had sitting around for a while, her version of Fabric Roses. Since I had a bunch of left over orange fabric from Halloween, I decided this was the right place/right craft. It was super easy and took only about the length of your forearm for a good sized rose (about a inch and a half in diameter). I used hot glue and made about ten just putzing around on Hulu. I'm not sure what I am going to do with them, maybe with them on bobby pins or pin backs. I've seem them as structured necklaces or adorning everything from pillows to purses.

Her Poetry Pillow tutorial is a pretty cute idea. She made her front panel by painting some canvas, but that isn't very cuddly. I suggest writing it on real notebook paper, scanning it, and turning it into a real piece of fabric on a site like Spoonflower. Then sewing it into a pillow.

BK


No comments:

Post a Comment